Happy Six on Saturday everyone! At our end of the country in the UK, on the Hampshire coast, we have not had rain for many weeks. I was very excited recently, when in Chichester, there was a wonderful, refreshing down pour. Sadly when I returned home – just 11 miles down the road, it was still bone dry. With a hosepipe ban on the horizon, I’m becoming quite adept at decanting the washing up water into a watering can. This is also were my new acquired moisture meter is invaluable – it helps only water containers that really need it.
Quickly moving on, without anymore writing, here are six photos of what is in the garden today.
1. Second flush Roses – Clockwise: Aromatique, Chandos Beauty, Gentle Hermione
2. Eryngium ‘Big Blue’
3. Gladioli and geraniums – (Names unknown)
4. Caryopteris ‘Heavenly Blue’ and Tradescantia ‘Blue and Gold’
5. Calla lily ‘Red socks’ and Begonia ‘Rosebud’
6. Cyclamen – Really…and it’s only July!
Thank you to The Propagator for hosting this weekly meme. Please hop over to his blog and peer over the garden fence at the other contributions. The Prop is having a break this week so we have been left to our own devices.